Top 10 Trends for 2014by Casie Sweeney on 10/17/13
Get ready to be inspired! Wedding trends emerge from all aspects of life - pop culture, high art and of course haute couture. At WNY Event Decorators we love to use these over the top inspirations and make them work for your wedding.
1) Refined Woodland - inspired by Sean Parkers wedding in the Redwood Forest. Think whimsical woodland not rustic. Organic vines and ferns with floral accents. Terrariums with succulents hanging from crystal strands. Natural fibers and wood with flower crowns for your hair. Photo credit Vanity Fair
2) Old World Opulence - pearls, pearls and more pearls in both decor and dress. Long necklaces, ball gowns and gloves. Accents of lace, leather and feathers. Ornate stationary, gold chavari chairs and formal plated dining. It's all about the gold, ivory and glitz
3) Pop Art Graphics - artists such as Andy Warhol provide inspiration for this trend. It's all about the little white dress, so think shorter hemlines. Stong lines in decor with bright colors and graphics in your linens, stationary and floral. Offset with white furniture and use lots of texture and interesting shapes.
4) Geometric - loads of prints, modern, fresh, clean lines - think 50's mod. Geometric patterns in linens, dress and decor. Succulents and cabbage roses work well, use varying shapes in your tablescape and something unexpected like a suspended wedding cake or confetti cannons on the dance floor.
5) Grecian - feminine and strong with clean lines, slim silhouettes and high neck dresses with geometric details. Blue and white with the grecian pattern on linens and stationary. Think more astrology and the stars rather than My Big Fat Greek Wedding. A great alternative for a beach wedding